Sunday, January 11, 2015

First week back Ground Blocks and Light Sources

Preparation From BA7





















This is my BA7 designs for my work this week, i have now completed these assets but this is a quick reference on how i went about designing the assets.



















Photo Reference












Here are what I'm using as photo reference for designing my fire holders throughout the level. Using these i will create similar sort of designs for creations throughout my level.











Ground Blocks

I am back on my first week back over christmas. Designing an creation of level is underway, i have purchased certain items for Unreal that i believe would be a good investment towards my final design.


To start my work i wanted to get a range of Ground blocks completed. These assets were designed in maya and imported into unreal successfully. They have been Bump Mapped and given decals to bring out individuality amongst them. I wanted to start with doing the floor slabs as it instantly brought me back into simple creation and gave me a chance to perfect how to bump map and simplify my assets.



 Main Light


I have also started creation for the center light piece for the scene. I had to create a few variations of these torch holders and i also designed a mesh for the coal at the bottom of the braziers. By breaking the braziers into separate pieces it allowed for a much more detailed decal additions to the textures.





 

Week 1 Assets








https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=708Ph_ubU2w 

 

 

Candles


I made these candles to add more lighting for the scene, each candle has a range of different bases and wax designs to use. I am happy with the results of these assets and will use them throughout the scene of BA8.






No comments:

Post a Comment