Saturday, January 17, 2015

Assets so far (fur and hair)

Fur Test in maya

While making the lich bodies i wanted to play around with the fur options avalible to me in maya. I created some interesting renders that will be good for referance if i want to push the models further in a sculpting software such as mudbox or Zbrush. Here are some of the renders of the maya fur effects on the lich bodies.




The issue with these effects is that they cannot (to my knowledge) be imported into a game engine. This is an issue i will bring up with my tutor and peers in my session tomorrow.

After talking to my peers i found a way to import fur textures and hair textures for my assets. By using flat 3D planes with added alpha layers i can make fur and hair on my models. However the problem with this is the aspect of adding fur is the time constrant. My plan was to have these bodies completed by the end of the week. 
This means that these fur effects may be added at a later date. Probably after i have designed the rest of the level. Below is an exsample of a character from the last of us. It shows what the polys look like before the alpha layer added.

 

After looking around i found a video showing how to get this effect working in maya. Tonight im going to try the same theory quickly on my lich bodies and see if i can produce a result that i would put into my scene.



Updated Lich Body

I felt i needed to update my lich bodies as the poly count was a bit too low, leaving the static mesh too blocky. I recreated the cloth animation yet increased the number of divisions this helped me create a much smoother mesh for the lich bodies. Once i had updated my previous attempt i added a variation of the lich body, this time with two added braces to make the colliders for the NCloth the results are of a standard i am happy with.



Assets so far











No comments:

Post a Comment